Thursday, January 19, 2012

I think we can, I think we can...

Our case is moving along - although it may be at a snail's pace :)

We have met with our adoptions case manager once... soon to be twice! And have completed all the necessary Subsidy paperwork. We hand it over to the case manager in the next week. We've hired an attorney. We've sent them all the documents they've asked for (our birth certificates, marriage license and a copy of the Adoption Certificate). Once the Subsidy Application has been officially filed with the case manager's report the Attorney can file the Petition for Adoption. Since Tank has been with us over a year now (holy cow!) we should be able to get an expedited hearing within 60 days.

It's strange think that this seeming long process could be over in just a few short months. We will be very happy once we have a piece of paper from the Court that says he's ours FOREVER.

And if all that paperwork isn't enough we are also going through our licensing renewal - which should also be done by the end of the month! And don't forget that we are expecting twins in the next month or two. Yep, full on crazy over here.

The boys are getting excited for the babies. Okay, let's face it. They are two. They have no clue what's happening but they sure do get a kick out of my big belly and the fact that it can't be hidden under many of my maternity shirts anymore. It's exciting to know that both boys get to be "big brothers" together. I am excited for the permanency our family will have. What a relief it will be when finalization comes and we are a happy little family of SIX. (And yes, we want more kiddos... just maybe not next week ;))

So that's us in a nutshell. I am loving all the posts that I have read lately on fostering. Even if I am not posting over here I promise you I am reading all of your blogs - quite religiously - courtesy of my Google Reader.

5 comments:

  1. glad all is going well, even if it is slowly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog! Best wishes on your adoption. I'm hoping our Z will soon be ours forever too. Not sure if he will be but after having him 16 months I can't imagine life without him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Blessed Mom -- As any foster parent will tell you letting go is the not so fun part of the job. I can't even imagine saying goodbye after 16 months. MamaFoster had done it... her courage to continue is amazing. We are excited for the adoption and all that the future holds for our little growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and can't wait to read more! I have very little time (as you totally understand), but do try to read blogs of other foster families. I love hearing how VERY different the laws are from state to state. So very interesting! We also have our name almost in common! Feel free to check out my blog (as if you have time....). With 6 kids, folding laundry is almost like taking a break. 2 of mine are also home schooled. www.5survivethedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. slow and steady wins the race :)

    ReplyDelete