Saturday, June 25, 2011

The call came

Finally a child actually showed up to my door!

I got a call this morning asking me if I'd take a 2 year old BOY. Yep, you read that right BOY.

I know, I know...

He had already been removed from his home and was waiting at the case manager's office. He is sick and has a nasty rash.

He also has not said a single word. He has jibbered a bit but I have not heard a single word since he came.

He is happily playing with my boys and didn't have any trouble at all getting comfortable. I haven't thought of a blog name for him yet... I'll keep you posted. His real name is umm... interesting.

He doesn't want to sit still.

He's already had a bath which he hated. Did I mention the home he was taken from had no electricity or water?? Agh. People! How can this happen to a child?

I am sure that once he gets some food, water (thirsty thirsty kid) and some normalcy he'll be okay.

Except for that talking thing. Cause that's gonna need some intense help. I can already tell!!!

Today's Shopping List: Convertible Carseat, Clothes, Socks, Diapers, Sippy Cups & medicines

(yes, I already have all those things... enough for two boys, not THREE!)

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Good luck and happy shopping. Friend of mine, her son came home at 2 1/2 and he didn't talk much of anything either. Little bit of speech therapy and you'd never know it now. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete